Eat Christmas dinner till dawn, prepare snacks for Santa Claus, exchange books at Christmas...Take a look at the different Christmas customs around the world.
America: cookies and milk for Santa Claus
In America, families like to prepare presents for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.
Most churches also hold candlelight ceremonies or midnight mass, often recreating the birth of Jesus.
Canada: open presents on Christmas Eve
In Canada, families usually open presents on Christmas Eve after mass. Others just open one and leave the rest for Christmas.
Many French canadians celebrate Christmas Eve mass with a big feast, called the "night sacrifice," which lasts until the early hours of Christmas.
Russia: fast on Christmas Eve
Fasting usually lasts until the end of vespers or when the stars come out. After fasting, some people may eat a traditional Russian dish called kutya. Kutya consists of grains, honey and poppy seeds from the same bowl, symbolizing unity.Meat is not allowed.
China: send "peace fruit"
Christmas apples wrapped in cellophane are a popular holiday gift in China, which is said to be because the word "apple" sounds similar to "Christmas Eve" in Mandarin.
- Mr. Cui Taixing Put Forward The Theory Of Empty...
- Huixing Group Held A New Year's Party In 2018.
- HUIMEIREN Company's Third Stage Training Course...
- Corporate Transformation And Innovation Peak BB...
- Complete Success Of HUIMEIREN Public Benefit Sp...
- HUIMEIREN Biological Products Co., Ltd
- Why You Should Pay Attention To The Gynecologic...
- WIN-WIN OPERATION
- Why Use Probiotics For Vagina?
- Shanghai Microboss Exhibition In 2018 April
- Christmas Is Celebrated Around The World With N...
- HMRPRO ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System C...
- HMRPRO Company New Year Holiday Notification
- HMRPRO Welcomes 2019 And Celebrates The New Yea...
- HMRPRO WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR
- Huixing Welcome Pakistan Partner Visiting Company